Derma pen is a handheld medical instrument used to improve the appearance of your skin. Dermapen treatments help with wrinkles and fine lines, acne scars, stretch marks, sun damage, and many other skin conditions. You can use it at home to treat yourself or have a professional administer the treatment in their office setting.
What is Dermapen?
Dermapen is a handheld device that can be used to treat skin conditions like acne scars and stretch marks. It’s a safe, painless and non-invasive way to improve your skin.
- Dermapen is a handheld device that uses micro-needling technology to create tiny punctures in the skin’s surface. This allows for increased absorption of products applied afterward, such as serums or creams containing hyaluronic acid (HA). HA helps keep your skin plump by drawing moisture from deep within its layers so it looks smoother and younger-looking with fewer wrinkles.
- Dermapens have been around since 2007 but have really taken off in popularity over the past few years thanks largely due their effectiveness when combined with topical treatments like retinoids which are commonly used by dermatologists as part of anti aging regimes.
How does it work?
The derma pen uses needles to create micro-injuries in the skin. This allows the skin to heal itself and produce new collagen and elastin, which improves the appearance of your skin.
What is included in a Dermapen treatment kit?
A Dermapen treatment kit includes the device, needles and accessories. The needles are disposable and come in different sizes depending on your skin type. The Dermapen device comes with a cleaning brush, which you can use before each treatment to remove any debris from your skin or from the last session so that there is no cross-contamination of bacteria between patients. Other accessories include cleansing wipes for prepping your face before use; gel cleanser; lotion; cream or toner (depending on what kind of moisture level you need); and serum or moisturizer post-treatment if desired.
Who can use a Dermapen?
Anyone can use a derma pen. However, there are some restrictions:
- You must be over 18 years old.
- You should not use it if you have a skin condition such as eczema, psoriasis or rosacea.
- You should not use it if you have a skin infection (e.g., acne).
Are there any side effects associated with derma pen micro-needling?
The side effects of micro-needling are similar to those associated with any type of cosmetic procedure, such as laser resurfacing or chemical peels. They include:
- Redness, swelling and bruising at the site of treatment
- Dry skin for a few days after treatment (this can be minimized by applying moisturizer)
- Acne breakouts in the weeks following treatment (these may be related to increased stimulation from the derma pen)
- Scarring from improper technique or overuse of the device
Will my scars and stretch marks be improved by using a derma pen?
Yes, derma pen can improve scars and stretch marks. It can help to reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks, but it cannot get rid of them completely.
You may have heard that derma pens are effective for improving scarring from acne or other diseases such as psoriasis or eczema. The device works by delivering a small amount of medication under the skin where it will stimulate collagen production, which helps to heal damaged tissue faster and reduce discoloration associated with scarring.*
Derma pens are also used in the treatment of stretch marks.* When used on healthy skin prior to pregnancy or weight gain/loss (and continued use during), these devices promote healthy collagen production beneath the surface layer of epidermis while reducing inflammation around existing lesions.* This prevents future damage caused by stretching while aiding existing damage caused by stretching already present on your body before using a derma pen device.*
If you’re thinking about getting one but aren’t sure if this would work well enough for your needs then read more below!
How long does it take to see results from derma pen micro-needling treatments?
The length of time it takes to see results depends on the severity of your issue. It’s important to know that it can take up to 6 months before you see significant improvement, so don’t be discouraged if you don’t notice any changes right away.
Results can be seen as soon as 2 weeks, but usually 4-6 weeks after your last treatment session. If you’re looking for long term results and want a more permanent solution to your skin issues then micro needle derma pen treatments may be right for you!
What are the benefits of derma pen treatments compared to other skin care products and procedures like lasers, microdermabrasion or chemical peels?
Compared to other skin care products and procedures, derma pen treatments are:
- Safe. Derma pen is a safe, effective and affordable treatment. There is no downtime or recovery time after your session so you can get right back to your normal routine right away!
- Effective. The results are long lasting because they target the underlying cause of aging rather than just treating surface symptoms.
- Affordable. You can use derma pen at home in between visits as well as during your sessions with us at our clinic if you want additional benefits from this amazing device!
A derma pen is an effective way to improve your skin at home.
Derma pen is an effective way to improve your skin at home. It’s a safe, non-invasive procedure that can be done by anyone with minimal training. You can get great results without having to spend thousands on expensive treatments or products, and it’s cost effective as well!
While derma pen micro-needling is a relatively new procedure, it has been shown to be highly effective in improving the appearance of your skin and reducing signs of aging. If you’re looking for an alternative to lasers or chemical peels that won’t leave your face red or swollen after treatment, this may be the option for you.
Read here more about this website.